Monday, January 17, 2011

Special K French Toast

Because sometimes, you just need breakfast for dinner...


And I obviously need a larger counter-top!  I mean, seriously...how many gadgets do I need running at one time?!  I got this electric griddle for Christmas and LOVE it.  Scott and I were watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives the other night and saw a place that served french toast dipped in Captain Crunch.  Since I now have enough Special K to last a year, I thought I'd try a healthier version...and it came out great!


Special K French Toast
Let your bread sit out so it becomes a little stale.  Mix up your french toast batter as you normally would.  I used two eggs and milk, a dash of cinnamon and a little vanilla.  Dip your bread into the mixture.  In a separate bowl, put your cereal (I used Special K) and crunch it up a little with your hand.  Place the just-dipped bread into the cereal to coat.  Apply directly to griddle.  Flip after a couple minutes and serve.

This, of course, had 100% approval rating from both kids.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment