Thursday, January 13, 2011

Elvis Shake

So sue me for being creative here...but wasn't it Elvis who liked peanut butter and banana sandwiches?  Well...if he liked them with strawberry jelly, then he would probably LOVE this shake.


Now, my husband tells me that in order to call it a "super shake," it has to have at least three additions to protein powder...which this does.  Normally, he is the shake maker in the house.  So the fact that I did this on my own accord is saying something...and I was pretty pleased with it!

Elvis Shake
In your blender put...

3/4 of whatever glass you're going to use of water (or milk, if you're trying to gain)
A couple ice cubes or a handful of frozen strawberries, if you have them
A scoop of strawberry whey protein (I used BSN's SYNTHA-6 in Strawberry Milk Shake) - or, if you used  strawberries earlier, you could use vanilla whey here.
A spoonful of peanut butter
A whole (peeled) banana
1/2 tbsp of ground flaxseed

Blend away and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I use the Isopure Zero Carb protein isolate powder from bodybuilding.com...I add a scoop of the protein, then mixture of my frozen fruit ( Great value brand no sugar added: strawberries, peaches, mango and pineapple) 8 oz of milk cause too watery with water. (1% milk) and usually a tablespoon of non fat plain yogurt. Alpine punch flavor protein shake..makes a pretty yummy morning smoothie!

    ReplyDelete