Monday, December 20, 2010

Ugh... cookies...

You know, I was starting to feel a little guilty about making Christmas cookies this year.  Here I am, writing this blog and trying to get back down to size and, meanwhile I'm stocking up on sugar and butter to make little goodies.  You just can't get past the fact that people want yummy things as treats for Christmas though.  I could just see everyone's faces as they opened Ziploc bags of carrot sticks and pretzels from the Shipmans,  smiling while dumping them into the nearest trashcan.

So I baked my little fingers off and I'm so thankful that I did.


Because nothing makes you not want to eat cookies more than BAKING COOKIES!!  Last year, I was pretty pregnant around Christmas and my sweet mother-in-law made all my cookies for me and put them in the freezer.  Consequently, I ate cookies out of the freezer for the next three months.

So I was dreading making more cookies and trying to resist their pull and constant call from the kitchen (am I the only one that hears things call me from the refrigerator??) and then I started on the Buckeyes.  After the millionth little peanut butter ball, I thought I was going to hurl.  I hadn't even tasted one and I was sick of them.  (Success!!)  I baked all day long and tasted very few cookies (of course, I had to sample SOME to make sure they weren't poisonous...).  Yet another example of how giving is better than receiving!! 

Now my challenge is to get them all out of my house before my taste comes back for sweets.  Well, that and to do the dishes...if only I had a maid...  oh wait...

She does windows too, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment