Thursday, February 24, 2011

Can I Burn Calories Doing This??

You know, if I just had one of those Zac Morris pause buttons for a DAY, I swear I wouldn't abuse it!  (Ok, maybe just a little...but you've had those days!)  My sister is on the airplane AS WE SPEAK on her way to visit...my baby turns one tomorrow...and my car has chosen this opportunity to act up.  

Oh, have I mentioned it's raining and I have muddy dog tracks all over my floors and laundry not done and bathrooms not clean?!

We got up and went to the Y real quick this morning...literally.  I dropped the girls off, jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes and picked them back up.  I didn't think it was enough time for Elizabeth to get markers all over herself, but she proved me otherwise.

We ran to the grocery store for the staples...milk, eggs, bread, salad fixin's, "brokkoyi" (per Elizabeth's request), and shredded cheese.  I was so thankful that not many people shop at Kroger at 11:00 a.m., as I was pushing a cart the size of a semi down the aisles with one child screaming and the other trying to get out of the little car that's strapped to the front.  I was also thankful no one else was in the potty...OF COURSE WE HAD TO GO EVEN THOUGH WE JUST WENT AT THE Y...because there I was, holding onto Elizabeth so she didn't fall in and trying to keep Rachel from dropping down on all fours to crawl on the floor...ewwww. 

Back home, I thought I would be so smart by giving the girls leftover pizza with vegetables on it.  I heated it up, cut it up and plopped it in front of them.  They both took one look down and then looked back at me like I was the stupidest person on the face of this earth.

"Pizza!!"  Elizabeth wailed.

"That IS pizza!"  I answered.

"No it not!!"  Of course, Rachel just yelled. 

*Sigh*

So now it is wonderful nap time.  I just finished a cup of coffee, put dinner in the Crockpot and am getting ready to start mopping these floors.  I need to make cupcakes for Rachel's birthday and start a load of laundry and plan meals for next week and get my coupons together for a grocery trip this weekend.  

Through all the chaos, I can't help but be thankful.  I have so little to complain about and am daily challenged not to take my life so seriously that I can't laugh at my kids or sit and breathe for a second.  I have a wonderful family and a warm home and food on my table.  The extra challenging moments just build character...

...and I hope to heaven that they also burn calories!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah, those mommy days! I think anyone who is a mom could identify with this post. Thanks for giving me a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when my kids are getting restless, we have dance parties in the living room. I turn the TV on to one of the music stations and we all just go crazy. And... it burns a few calories. :)

    ReplyDelete