Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today

Sometimes I forget to enjoy today...

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but often times I find myself looking forward to something...

When Rachel will be potty trained.

When we can afford something on my wish-list.

When I can get my waist-line back.

When I know what the baby is.

When my husband has an extra vacation day.

When my children are more self-sufficient.

You might have more to add to the list.  And I get so caught up in looking forward that I forget to...well, look present.   

This week has especially found me in that zone - appointments at the doctor, chores needing to be done, phones dropping in dishwater, children raising a ruckus in general, realizing that Christmas is just around the corner (yikes!), and looking forward to the weekend when I can cheat on this no-sugar ridiculousness I've gotten myself into.    I find myself looking forward to some imaginary time when things will be easier and life will be simpler and forget completely to be...

THANKFUL FOR NOW.

I have never been more blessed than I am RIGHT NOW and if I'm not careful, I'll miss the little hugs and "I wuv you mama" and "I can do it myself!" and just the simple time when a soft blanket and their favorite stuffed animal can make all their worries go away.  

And those are things I never want to miss. 

Enjoy your day, my friends.  Enjoy what you do and have and the blessings that are in your life.  Tomorrow will be here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment