Monday, October 3, 2011

30-Day Sugar Challenge!!



Yay!  Day 1 of the 30-Day Sugar Challenge!!  I hope I have some of you on-board with me and you've already been conscious of what you're eating this morning.  I'm going to post some tips on what I've found to be helpful and ideas you might have to substitute sugar and I'm looking forward to hearing your success stories!  

One of my weakest moments is after breakfast - I always fish in the refrigerator for dessert from the night before or just something little and sweet.  Until this morning...I had a half a grapefruit to wrap up my eggs and toast and, let me tell you, I want nothing else.  

Ever eat or drink anything after grapefruit?  BLEH!!!  I'm not even looking forward to brushing my teeth.  

So, just an idea.  Of course, if you don't have or like grapefruit, you could substitute any fruit to satisfy your sweet craving.  If after meals are your weak time, to immediately brush your teeth as soon as you get up from the table will help keep you from picking as you clean up the kitchen.  Or you could keep mouthwash beside the sink to gargle.  Or in your bag or desk to use at work when you're tempted by the vending machine.  Whatever works!

Speaking of whatever works, how you do this is your call.  As I said earlier, I'm not doing artificial sweeteners, but am sticking to honey and maple syrup because I'm pregnant.  You may decide that you want to give yourself the leniency.  It's up to you!  Also, I am using the weekends as cheats - so I eat clean all week and then whatever I want on the weekends.  Let me tell you, this was my first weekend doing so and I feel like a slug today.  I did get rid of all those pesky cookies and remaining Rice Krispie treat that had been screaming at me from the refrigerator all week though...  Although I'm actually looking forward to going back strict today.  

Decide you want to do this but have leftover sweets you don't want to waste?  Bag 'em up and freeze them to save them for the weekend!  We do this with birthday cake anyway since we can't eat it all at once.  And that's my plan for the rest of the apple pie I got from the grocery store yesterday...

Hey!  It was my cheat day!  :)

Good luck with your day one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment