Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm not going to be able to walk tomorrow

This is what I get for trying a new workout 18 weeks pregnant...SORE LEGS!  

I found Peanut Butter Fingers through a search for cooking spaghetti squash in the Crockpot, of all things, and really fell in love with the creator and her ideas and workouts.  Sometimes it's nice to wander out of the mommy zone and remember what it was like to be 26...with a waist-line... *sigh*

Anyway, today, I tried her Sure to Make you Sore Leg Workout and it did not disappoint.  I liked the idea of starting with 100 squats to burn the legs out, although I am all-out impressed that she was able to do them with 80 lbs.  Me?  I did them with a 9 lb Body Bar...woo-to-the-hoo...

Workout from Peanut Butter Fingers - these were Julie's stats when she recorded the workout.
I warmed up running for 15 minutes on the treadmill, and let me tell you, this baby is not crazy about running.  I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to go, but today I was able to at least run straight without stopping, even if it was at a 4.8 pace. (And I didn't have to stop to run to the bathroom...yay bladder!)

Like I said, I did all 100 squats, breaking them into groups of 25 with the 9 lb Body Bar.  I wasn't sure about being able to manage the leg press with my belly, so I opted to do step-ups on the bench instead.  My first set of deadlifts, I tried with the bar, which was awkward, so I switched to 15 lb dumbbells for the final two sets and that worked out better and gave me a better range of motion.

Now, I was tempted to use the excuse that I had to get my little children from the nursery so I didn't have TIME to do the exercise ball squats or curls, but truth is people, I couldn't move anymore.  Doing those 100 squats at the beginning really maxed me out. 

I used very little weight (I just did body weight lunges) and felt an immediate reaction - something I haven't had in a while since I've really simpled down my lifts due to the pregnancy - so this workout could easily be something that you could try at home, even if you don't have equipment. 

Good luck!  And check out Peanut Butter Fingers and show her some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment