Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I wasn't prepared...

...for the challenge of a life of raising two babies.  Even though my dad continually told me the quote, "One is like none at all...and two is like 100."  And I hate it that he's right.

...to feel guilty about not being able to give enough attention to Elizabeth.  It kills me to not be able to pull her on my lap every time she asks.

...to get excited about meat on sale at the grocery store and multiple coupon inserts in the Sunday paper.

...to love my husband so much more today than on our wedding day.

...to cry harder when I see my daughter missing her grandparents (Chris, you're included!) more than when I do.

...to be surprised when there is an episode of Sesame Street I haven't seen.

...to wish I had bought stock in paper towels, Kraft cheese and diapers...seems like we never have enough!

...to find my 19 month old standing on the kitchen table this morning...awesome.

...to feel so helpless in the middle of the night when one baby is nursing and the other baby is crying and your husband has to work the next day so you don't want to get him up.

...to miss the many friends that helped us so much after Elizabeth was born and wish they could meet Rachel.

...to feel so blessed and fulfilled every day that I'm home with my children.  Thank you, God!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. And so true. Thanks for sharing your sweet and blessed thoughts. PS - Going from 1 to 2 kids was so much harder for me than going from none to 1 or even from 2 to 3 kids.

    ReplyDelete