Thursday, June 23, 2011

Because sometimes you just need breakfast for dinner...

My kids are starving.

Since snacks, we rode bikes (or argued about who was going to ride what and took turns pushing each other off and screaming), took a walk (or got spanked as we ran into various neighbor's yards), played hide and seek in the backyard and just ran around the house like normal banshees.

And now they're famished.

We've been eating pretty clean (more on that later) so most dinners this week have resulted in my children devouring whatever carb they could find on the table and leaving the meat and vegetables on their plates.  Looking at the leftovers in the fridge, I knew I would have a battle on my hands.

And my husband is going to be home late.  

And I just have no more fight left in me.

So I fixed cheesy eggs and toast for dinner...


And there was much rejoicing!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Sometimes you just have to take the easy route ;) Been there!

    ReplyDelete