Thursday, March 10, 2011

Speaking of Pushups...

Were we?

Ha!  We are now, I guess.

I was in a random mood at the gym today and did one of my "stream of consciousness" workouts...you know, doing whatever exercise pops into your head next.  I've been in this little in-between workouts period for a couple of weeks, since we've been traveling and a little off our schedule.  

So anyway, one of my decided exercises today was push-ups - but instead of doing them on the floor, I put the bar across the bottom bar of the squat rack and gripped it while doing my push-ups. 

Woah.

The action of gripping with your hands while doing the push-up totally engages that little flabby spot under your armpit.  No, I'm not kidding and yes, I bet you know the one.  The little flabs of skin that fold over the arm hole of your tank top?  I hate those.

And that's where I felt the action here.

You could also hold onto a pair of dumbbells or those little push-up things they sell on infomercials (although I never understood why you needed them before!).  If you use the bar, just make sure you rest it on the rack so you don't smash your fingers.

Bye-bye fat flabbies!!

In fact, you could do a whole little circuit right there at the squat rack, using just the bar...

10 push-ups holding the bar  
8-10 bicep curls
15 squats
10 bent rows
15 jump lunges

Repeat 3 times.

Then do abs...  :)  Oww...hurts to laugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment