Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh boy...A BOY!

My friends, I have to be honest with you...we had prepared ourselves to have three girls.

Not that choosing is an option, but I come from a family of three girls and so does my mom.  We have good friends with three girls.  We just figured we were next in line.

And it would have been fine.  We have lots of pink things and girl clothes in every size for both seasons.  We like girls and have a pretty good routine going with two already.

And then we went for the ultrasound.  The technician was a little rushed and reflected the cold and dreary weather outside.  Scott and I were watching the monitor, counting fingers and toes, and watching her measure head circumference and look at the heart.  Then, all of a sudden, our little guy flipped over (he was all over the place...already...yay...) and we heard her say, "See this?  Here are the legs and here is the cord and THIS is not the cord.  You have a little boy!"

I do love Calvin and Hobbes and can totally envision this being our son.  The blog is about to get more interesting folks.

My stunned husband just looked at me...a boy?  And we both laughed...what in the world were we going to do with a boy??  Now, anyone that knows my husband would probably be shocked by this because he is one of the manliest men around...but that same person would also know that he has been spoiled by his little girls.

And now, to have a son...whoa...

So admittedly, we are both still a little shocked at the news.  I need to go through the baby stuff and start finding people to give pink stuff to (which isn't as easy as you might think as a majority of our pregnant friends are also having boys!) and start figuring out what we need...which shouldn't be a ton, since most of our bigger items are gender neutral.  

I'm beginning to get hit by a strong nesting stage right now and am washing windows and sorting through closets, so this news of a shake up couldn't come at a better time. 

Oh, the other news, he is sitting low (as if you had to tell me) and he was actually using my bladder as a pillow when we were watching him on the monitor, which could be a main reason why I'm having issues in the running department.  Both girls carried pretty high, so I wasn't effected as much.  Hopefully, he'll shimmy upward into open waters soon...ha!

I can't express enough how much I appreciate all of your well wishes on here and Facebook and coming along on this adventure with us.  If you have any preparation advice, we are open!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment