Friday, January 20, 2012

Secrets to a Happy Marriage - Part 2

My husband knows that I have an itty-bitty, teensy-weensy obsession with Amazon.  It isn't unusual for the UPS man to show up a couple times a week to our house, delivering anything from paper towels to toilet paper to diapers. 

So boxes in the hallway don't really surprise Scott, although I really have to give him credit for his reaction when he walked in the house and saw this bad boy...


He simply said, "Babe, what's in the gigantic box by the front door?"

Upon hearing that it was a curtain rod for our front window, he didn't even blink to volunteer to put it up for me that weekend while he watched the girls during my lessons.  And then he was only slightly irritated in telling me how a project that should have taken 30 minutes lasted two hours as his little helpers ran off with his tools and hardware.  Oh and he was missing the football game...

But I am so thrilled with the results.  Do you remember our front room?  I asked you for your advice this past summer here.

But in case you don't feel like going back and reading all that again, here was the before:


And after:


Like it?  Didn't he do a great job?  Thanks Scott!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That looks amazing! We need to get blinds and curtains up in our living room...we have a large picture window and the curtain rods are up...i gave up on making our curtains so we are gonna get blinds to put. Then I think ill take after you and hunt on amazon for some valences and curtains.

    I want to put valences(sp? in our office/study, we use the dining room for this because we dont have a dining room set) and I want curtains for the living room.

    He did a very nice job!!

    ReplyDelete