Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Leftovers!

I think the title is appropriate because I just have a little of this and a little of that as far as updates go.

Wellness check
Today, I took Rachel in for her 4 month checkup and our little tank weighs 14lbs!  The doctor was very pleased with her and said she checked out on all developmental angles.  I felt so horrible that she had to get three shots...and even more horrible that her sister likes to poke the band-aids on her legs!














Hide and Seek
It's been so hot lately and I've had so much to do in our house that we haven't been going out in the afternoons very much.  So yesterday, I thought I would try to play hide and seek with Elizabeth.  She can count to ten and a lot of times, she will cover her eyes and follow the sequence up with "Ready or not, here I come!"  (They play a lot of hide and seek on Sesame Street.)  I told her to cover her eyes and start counting and I would go hide.  So she sat on the couch and covered her eyes with one eye looking out between her pointer and middle finger and started to count.  "One...two...tree..."  Toting Rachel, I tiptoed into Scott and my bedroom and bent down behind the bed.  "...nine...teh!  Rebby or mmmm...mmmmm...I tome." 

I expected her to come running in there since she obviously saw me, but there was silence.  Here began my dilemma.  Do I call out and ruin the game?  Could she be  looking for me?  I look down at Rachel, who was giving me her best toothless grin with throw-up all down her shirt and all down my arm.  Now really, how important was this game and where the heck was the burp cloth?  I wait two more seconds and here strides Elizabeth into the bedroom with a ball in her hand.  She looks at me and says, "Hi mama" and continues on to inspect something on the bedspread.  So much for our game.  I said, "Elizabeth!  We were playing hide and seek and you found me!  Now do you want to hide and mommy will count?"  

"No," she answered and ran off to her room.  Obviously not the competitive spirit as of yet... ha!


Gus
An update on the little dog who adopted us.  With the advice of Jan, I put him on Craig's List to try to either find his owner or a new home.  Through a series of emails, he ended up going home with a very nice girl named Angela, who is a teacher and was looking for a smaller dog.  She took him to the vet, who said he is a year old and still has strong puppy teeth.  She's emailed me updates and he seems to be liking his new home very well.  He goes to the groomers this week and then gets fixed (poor pup!) and she promised to send pictures once he's a new (ahem) man.  

Fun with Rachel

Where's Rachel??
There she is!!
Yay!!
Hey!  Where'd you go??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment