Sunday, October 14, 2012

30 Days of Cah-razy

So Scott and I decided to do a 30-day, strict Paleo eating plan, beginning today.  Originally, I thought it was just going to be him and me and I was just going to cut all the sugar I could control out of the girls' diet.

And then last night, we had a treat of Mexican and chips and I proceeded to watch my four-year-old and two-year-old eat straight chips.  No chicken, no lettuce, just chips.  Oh, and cheese.  

When I caught Rachel doing a shot of shredded cheese, it was very literally the last straw.  Their diet was spiraling out of control and their little taste buds craved nothing but salty and sweet crapola.  They were coming along on the journey as well.  

And this morning, it started.

Now, as fun as you might imagine detoxing preschoolers can be, after two meals in the results have not been pretty. 

This morning, we had "rainbow eggs," which was a beautiful mix of peppers and tomatoes and spinach in scrambled eggs.  

Elizabeth cried and Rachel poked at them.

For lunch, we had roasted tomato and pepper soup with chicken salad lettuce wraps and some tropical fruit salad.  

Rachel refused to eat the lettuce and Elizabeth told me there were little black bugs in her soup (also known as spices...shudder).

So here's to 30 days of cah-raziness!  More details to come regarding the how and why's... but right now, I have to go be a cooking fool...

3 comments:

  1. Bugs mom! BUGS!!! I WANT TO GO HOME TO EAT!!! *end scene*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are awesome. If you could give me tips on how not to brag my kids to eat the good stuff with a treat at the end of every meal, I would welcome it. ;) I am the worst with bribery for meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, hold on a minute here, so you're telling me cheese ISN'T an essential part of a healthy diet?! Um no, I don't want to play that game. I side with the kiddos. ;)

    ReplyDelete