Monday, September 12, 2011

Craziness in pictures...

Only a crazy woman would get home from a rain-trodden beach trip and turn around to make an eight hour trip home with her two, wild children only days later...

And no, it doesn't NORMALLY take eight hours to get home, but when you stop FIVE times, each time averaging about a half hour, it takes a while...not that I didn't contribute to most of those stops, being a pregnant constant pee-machine myself.  

But anyway, to make a long story short, we spent the past week at my parent's house with my sister over her vacation and had a wonderful time visiting and a not so wonderful time battling a little stomach bug that chose to hit each of my kids for about 24 hours.  We arrived back home just in time for a non-stop weekend and to see Scott off at the airport this morning as he had to go out of town on business for a couple days.

Shew!

So, I for one, am looking forward to a little routine.  Well, I know I'm not the only one as my kids are thankful to be entering into our familiar rut as well...little routine babies that they are.  So...wanna see what my kids did at their Grandma's house?  (As if you really had a choice...)


Ok, the fact that my mother bought them a trampoline (albeit, mini) is hilarious, as she was famous for referring to them as "death traps" when my sisters and I BEGGED and begged for one growing up.  Just another example of how grandparenting is gloriously different than parenting, I suppose.  Anyway, the girls were obviously thrilled, especially Rachel, who felt her feet leave the ground for the first time in her little life.  Of course, they bounced each other off the thing and there were many instances of jumping on top of each other, but this little toy was a huge hit and this picture just makes me laugh...fuzzy and all.


Try as I might, I can't get my dad's feet cropped out of this shot...but this was yet another popular spot for my little musicians.  I didn't know if you knew that their beloved Juno plays the piano in her movies, but they enjoyed being Juno impersonators for several days.   Rachel also loved that she was now big enough to climb up on the stool all by herself.  Me = not so thrilled... ha!


When babies and puppies collide during a spirited game of tag...  Good thing Aunt Andrea and Courtney were there to help pick up the dog food, which was an innocent bystander in the whole mess.


Saturday, I brought the girls to the grocery store with me and thank God for Harris Teeter and their free cookies in the deli, which kept them occupied for most of the store.  Afterwards, they asked to ride in the dinosaur and I just couldn't resist.  Do you remember when every grocery store had these?   Does that really make me old?  Right next to the vending machine that had the chicken with the plastic eggs with toys in them?  REMEMBER??  Please tell me that wasn't just in WV...


Ok, and this site made me spit coffee out my nose on Sunday as their daddy was in charge of doing shoes and socks for church.  I overheard him say, "No honey, you are supposed to pull them up, like soccer socks."  Needless to say, she is precious either way, but I promptly pushed them down into place after the picture was taken for evidence... ;)

Hope you all survived your weekend and Monday...we'll catch up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment